The St. Charles Community Foundation is a non-profit, charitable, organization devoted
to enriching our community of St. Charles, IA.
The SCCF offers grants for projects and programs that meet emerging—as well as
existing—needs of our community. All funding requests are considered and reviewed by
the SCCF Board. Grants are awarded for projects that meet the criteria of the
These past four years, the SCCF contributed over $50,000 to projects and
organizations that benefit our community.
- The SCCF awarded $6000 to the St. Charles Library for the purchase of the new
circulation desk. Additional monies were awarded to update the library’s
technology and collections.
- The SCCF held a dinner and wreath auction to support the St. Charles Fire and
Rescue team. The proceeds from this event along with a $5000 grant from the
Foundation, allowed the team to purchase a cardiac monitor.
- Based on the community input from the 2015 Old Settlers’ Celebration, the SCCF
decided to spearhead efforts to “beautify main street.” Our group helped to unite
community groups and organized volunteers to clean up and paint buildings on
Main Street. The SCCF contributed over $5000 for paint and supplies.
- SCCF has been instrumental in fundraising for the new Mary Seibert Stage in
Old Settler’s Park.
- The SCCF seasonally decorates and maintains the flower pots on main street.
- The SCCF awarded $500 for landscaping the Imes Bridge sign.
Each board member’s enthusiasm, energy, and commitment to the St. Charles
community is evident.
If you share the same passion for our community, please join us! We welcome new
members. We meet the third Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. at the Farmers & Merchants Bank of St. Charles.
Email us for more great events.